segunda-feira, 1 de junho de 2009

Teaching using technology!!

Technology has always been a challenge for me in all aspects of my life, but today, if you do not face technology, you are out. As an English teacher, it isn't different. You know you could be doing more, using more tech resources, but many teachers tend to be in the comfort zone. The internet is a huge see of opportunities for us educators, but many times teachers choose not to swim or even dive in it. Our students are no longer learning in the old style - the book-teacher-classroom kind of class. Our students want and demand more when it comes to technology. That is why I decided to start my blog. It is a great way of connecting teacher - student - classroom. Using this tool, any educator is able to be around their students and learn from them. We need a hub to be closer to our students and to exchange knowledge with them out of the classroom. I'm a beginner in this blog world, but I'm having a wonderful time.

2 comentários:

  1. Hi Helade,
    I've been trying to use technology in the classroom too, and I share your point of view. We tend to be in the comfort zone and play it safe. I guess one way of conciliating the use of tech tools is to use them as a substitute for the textbook. How we do it is whole different ballgame, but I believe we should get started somehow. And your blog is definitely a great start.Keep it up!
    Best wishes from Brasilia

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Hello Helade,

    I´ve never used technology in the classroom and I´m looking forwad to doing so next semester, with my students. I totally agree with you when you say that "...our students are no longer learning in the old style.." because they have fun and hang around the digital world every day to meet people and get acquainted with what´s happening in the other parts of the globe. They are easily interested in everything that varies a little from the book-teacher-exercise correction style and it´s fabulous to know that the digital world is there to engage them in their learning.We just have to learn how to do that! Best wishes on your adventures with your students!!

    ResponderExcluir